Your responsibilities include:
- Reading the catalog carefully.
- Being familiar with college programs and requirements and transfer information, if appropriate.
- Seeking out answers to your questions.
- Maintaining a file of important college documents.
- Developing self-awareness.
- Keeping scheduled appointments.
- Following through on advisor recommendations.
- Making use of all resources on campus.
- Accepting ultimate responsibility for your decisions.
Your advisor's responsibilities include:
- Providing up-to-date information about college and program requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Assisting you with identifying and achieving your academic and career goals and
maintaining adequate office hours.
- Providing a respectful, supportive atmosphere.
- Keeping accurate records.
- Maintaining confidentiality of your records and consultations with you and making appropriate referrals to campus and community services.