Basic Firefighter Training
Prepares students with the essential skills required as an entry level firefighter. Incluses NCOSFM Firefighter, HazMat Level 1, and EVD certifications upon successful completion. Cost: $450.00 (includes books). Special admission requirements apply; call 704-978-1340 for more information. Classes are held in Statesville and some off site locations in the area. Check Public Safety schedule for dates and times.
Download each form:
Checklist (Turn this in with items checked off)
Authorization to Invoice
Fit for Duty Form
Hold harmless Agreement Form
Con-Ed Registration Form
Medical-Physical Guide for Physicians Form
Rules and Regulations Form
Waiver of Liability Form
To be admitted, students must:
1. Be 18 years of age prior to the first day of class.
2. Have a high school diploma or GED .
3. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
4. Complete an admissions application a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of class. Packets are available here or in Room B-3 at the Continuing Education Center, 701 W. Front St., Statesville.
5. Reliable transportation - due to off campus classes.
NOTE: Class size is limited to the first 20 students for each class.
$180 registration fee
$200 supply fee (insurance included)
Students must provide their own blue cargo/work pants and black non-slip shoes/boots
NOTE: Continuing Education Scholarship available. Could cover up to $350.00. Contact Hedy Ryerson at (704) 878-4266 or email@example.com
Josh Smith, Program Coordinator
Janice Johnson, Administrative Assistant-Public Safety
David Bullins, Director of Public Safety