Mitchell Men of Color
Mitchell Community College is dedicated to maximizing the academic outcomes of all minority male* students on campus. To achieve this goal, and with funding from the North Carolina Community College System, Mitchell participates in Mitchell Men of Color.
The purpose of Mitchell Men of Color is to address and increase the progression and completion rates of minority male students across all community colleges in North Carolina. The Mitchell Men of Color program offers customized:
- Personal coaching
- One-to-one mentoring
- Academic advising, and
- Career preparedness
The goals of the Mitchell Men of Color program are to:
- Provide integrated and targeted supports and interventions when they are most effective.
- Aid student’s progress through programs that lead to valuable degrees, without unnecessary detours.
- Increase minority male utilization of campus resources and services through deliberate and intentional interactions between students and the campus community.
- Increase the progression of first-year minority male students.
- Assist students in making informed decisions which result in understanding the requirements and processes to succeed.
Your success is our number one priority. Take advantage of the many opportunities that will be offered throughout the year, and stay connected to a mentor who is as passionate about your accomplishments as you are.
*NOTE: According to the United States Department of Education, the term “minority” means American Indian, Alaskan Native, Black (not of Hispanic origin), Hispanic (including persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Central or South American origin), Pacific Islander or other under-represented ethnic group.