Mitchell Community College, a learning-centered institution, provides affordable, high-quality educational and training programs and services to meet the changing and diverse lifelong learning needs of a multi-culturally diverse citizenry who live and work in a global society.
Mitchell Community College commits its resources to:
- Provide associate degree, diploma and certificate programs to meet the pre-service and in-service workforce development needs for industry, business, government and service occupations.
- Provide associate degree programs for the first two years of academic courses leading to baccalaureate and professional degrees.
- Provide each student the opportunity to develop the skills and values necessary to succeed in college.
- Provide student development services including admissions, financial aid, counseling, career planning, job placement, testing and student activities.
- Provide educational opportunities to meet the professional, personal, and cultural needs of the community.
- Serve the adult population with basic education and salable skills; to enhance personal development through general and continuing education.
The faculty, staff and administration of Mitchell Community College are committed to the philosophy of the comprehensive community college. We believe:
- The student is the focal point of all efforts of the college.
- We are a college community that respects diversity and is supportive of individual achievement.
- We have a responsibility to enhance the social, civic, cultural, and economic development of the community and the global society.
- We have a responsibility to enhance the quality of life of the community.
- The door of opportunity for learning should be open to all who seek personal and professional development.