Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now being accepted! If you would like to be a Mitchell Student Ambassador, please complete the online application.
What is a Mitchell Ambassador?
- A prestigious team of Mitchell’s top student leaders who participate in special events in an official capacity.
- Liaisons between the college and prospective students, their families, guests, alumni, business partners and friends of the college.
- College relations specialist that serves as an assistant for college foundation events and promote the image of Mitchell Community College.
- Leadership training and professional development opportunities
- Experience with public relations and confidence building in public speaking
- Development of skills vital to success in job interviews and career advancement
- Networking opportunities with faculty, staff, students and administration
- Enhanced connection to the Iredell County community
- Stipend award of $250 per semester
- Scholarships available
- Collegiate attire
- Sincere desire to represent Mitchell Community College
- Effective speaking skills
- Ability to make a positive first impression and work well with others
- Capacity to adapt to a variety of situations
- Responsibility and dependability
- Must maintain a 2.7 GPA minimum
- Commitment to the Ambassador activities (including campus tours and orientation/leadership training in August)
- High standards of academic honesty and responsible behavior
- Ongoing communication with Ambassador Advisor
- Agree to serve July 2019 - May 2020 (provided satisfactory completion of the program per semester)
- Complete Mandatory Orientation in August
- Attend monthly meetings (4 per semester minimum and as needed)
- Update calendar availability as needed for tour appointments
Mitchell Ambassadors will have a number of opportunities to be active representatives for on- and off-campus events and outreach programs. Examples of activities include, but are not limited to, providing campus tours to groups and special guests, assisting during special events and college-sponsored activities, visiting area high schools and college fairs with Admissions staff members. Students will be given an option to commit to specific activities best suited to interests and schedules.
Mitchell Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetic information in any of its policies, procedures, or practices. This nondiscrimination policy covers admission of students, employment actions and all campus programs, services and activities. Mitchell Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission to or employment in its education programs or activities.