Important Information for Graduates
Mitchell will hold a virtual graduation event Friday, May 14, 2021 at 6 p.m. This event will be pre-recorded. More details and information are coming soon!
Graduation Yard Signs
Celebrate your achievements with a 2021 Mitchell Graduation Yard Sign!
Pick up your customizable sign at one of our parking lot drive-thru events:
- Thursday, 4/15 – 10 a.m.–6 p.m. in Mooresville Campus’s A-Building parking lot (North Academy Street)
- Friday, 4/16 – 10 a.m.–6 p.m. in Statesville Campus’s Main Building parking lot (enter using Race Street entrance)
Beginning on 4/19, pick up your sign at your convenience in the Mooresville Campus lobby (newly renovated building) or in the Eason Student Services Center on Statesville Campus, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Photos Needed for Virtual Graduation
As a part of the virtual ceremony, graduate photos will be featured. Please chose one of the below options to have your photo included:
To Submit Your Own Photo
Graduates can submit their own photo to our Photo Submission Form using this link. The deadline for photo submissions is Monday, April 19.
Personal photos submitted by graduates should be in good taste. Mitchell reserves the right to refuse a submitted photo. In such cases, Student Services staff will connect with the graduate to secure an alternate image.
To Have Your Photo Taken on Campus
If you prefer to have your photo taken on campus, Student Services will be hosting graduate photo sessions on the Statesville Campus. Graduates may sign up using this link to come to campus and have a headshot taken for use in the virtual ceremony.
– On-campus photo sessions will capture one professional-style headshot for use in the virtual ceremony ONLY.
– ONLY graduates will be photographed. No friends, family or props, please.
– Graduates will not be able to purchase or obtain digital copies of their image.
– Recommended clothing is solid dark or light-colored dress or business attire.
– Each photo session should take approximately 15 minutes.
– Face coverings are required to be worn in all campus facilities.
If you have any questions about graduate photos or photo submission, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional questions regarding commencement can be sent to StudentSupport@mitchellcc.edu.