MIND Center - Mitchell Instructional and Developmental Center
The MIND Center offers free tutoring on both Statesville and Mooresville campuses as well as virtual sessions. Virtual tutoring sessions will utilize Microsoft "Teams" via Mitchell Community College email. Virtual hours are the same as the Statesville Campus hours.
Spring 2023 Semester Hours
Statesville Campus – Huskins Library, First Floor - (704) 978-3116
- Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m..
Mooresville Campus – MCA 093 - (704) 978-5412
- Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, Closed
To schedule tutoring:
- Download the following application Application for Tutoring to your computer, fill it out, “save” file and attach to email email@example.com.
- Need a referral from the instructor to process the application and begin tutoring. Email the instructor to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with student’s name, course, and some items the student needs to work on with a tutor,
Teresa Jordan, Administrative Specialist
Apply to be a MIND Center Tutor
The MIND Center is accepting applications for peer tutor positions at the Statesville and Mooresville locations.
Applicants for this position must meet the following qualifications:
*minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (all institutions attended),
*minimum GPA of 3.0 in the subject(s) in which you feel qualified to be a tutor,
*minimum of 12 college-level credits in core academic subjects including English 111.
Submitting an application does not guarantee employment. A transcript review and an interview are also part of the hiring process. Job offers are contingent upon the College's verification of references, a background check, or other applicable reports or inquiries.
Mitchell students and grads (associate degree or less) are paid $15.00/hr. Tutors holding a bachelor's degree or higher are paid $16.00/hr.