Steps for Success
- Attend the first day of class. Study the course syllabus to understand the course requirements and the instructor's policies.
- Attend all classes. If you must miss a class, it is your responsibility to make up the work missed.
- Plan to study one to two hours outside of class for each hour in class.
- Communicate with your instructors and advisors proactively.
- Understand that being a student is like a job and often not an easy one. It takes work.
- Accept responsibility for your academic decisions and don't hesitate to ask for help when needed.
Maximum Course Load recommendations for success if you work and/or have family responsibilities
- If you work 10 hours a week, take 16-19 credit hours per semester.
- If you work 20 hours a week, take 12-13 credit hours per semester.
- If you work 30 hours a week, take 6-10 credit hours per semester.
- If you work 40 or more hours a week, take 5-8 credit hours per semester.
Discover how to study and learn more effectively in less time at the MIND Center for Learning and Teaching (tutoring center).