Notary Course Schedule listed below.
Notary Public Courses
This is a required class if you want to obtain a North Carolina commission as a notary public. Each class provides a thorough introduction to the statutes that regulate the acts of North Carolina notaries.
You are required to purchase the 2016 Edition of the NC Notary Public Manual
ISBN-10 156118512/ISBN-13 978-1560118510
Book can be purchased at Mitchell’s bookstore located on the Statesville Campus, NC Secretary of State’s website or Amazon. Mitchell's Book Store phone (704) 878-4294.
Notary Public Course cost = $75 + Book (Book is not included in cost & must be puchased seperately)
Notary Public – Virtual Requirements
- Computer with a webcam (no smartphones or Chromebooks); this class will require participation in a video classroom setting. «Google Chrome Browser required«
- A quiet, uninterrupted place to actively participate in the class
- Broadband internet (speed and ability to function must be tested in a video chat prior to class)
- Required NC Notary Public Manual*
- Current (at time of class) government issued photo ID
- Provide last four digits of Social Security Number and valid email address
- A printer or access to a printer for handouts and the application (if not available, please contact for handout pick up at a campus location or mailing at least 10 days prior to course)
*You can purchase the NC Notary Public Manual 2016 through Mitchell’s bookstore (online or in person), the Notary Public Division of the NC Secretary of State’s website, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble. Please note: A counterfeit Notary Manual is being sold online. The correct manual has ISBN # 978-1-56011-851-0.
Qualifications to make application to be a Notary Public in North Carolina:
Reside legally in the United States
- Live in or work for a company in North Carolina
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have earned a high school diploma or high school equivalency
- Be able to read, write and speak in English
- Have no felony convictions**
- Have a current (at time of class) government issued photo ID
- Successfully complete a notary public education course and pass the final exam with at least a score of 80%
**Contact NC Secretary of State Notary Public Division at https://www.sosnc.gov/divisions/notary/become_a_notary for more information or see the back of the initial appointment application.
For course information please call or email Cabana Pierce (704) 878-4273 email@example.com
To register for the course follow this link: How to register for this course (opens in new window)
**Paralegal course requires a prerequisite of an Associate Degree or higher.**
**Copy of Transcript is required for registration.**
Successful completion prepares one to sit for the certification exam.
Employment opportunities include being retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency, or other entity and performing specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible.
For more information call (704) 978-5446