Mitchell Community College offers classes to become certified to perform Auto Emissions and Safety Inspections in North Carolina.
Course descriptions and requirements are listed below the schedule.
Auto Emissions Certification
Mitchell offers the required eight-hour Auto Emissions Certification class to become a licensed auto emission/OBD inspector or renew this certification in North Carolina. Instruction focuses on NC Division of Motor Vehicle regulations, inspection procedures and proper use of diagnostic equipment. The class prepares you for the DMV certification exam administered in conjunction with the class. A valid NC driver’s license or ID is required for DMV certification.
Auto Safety Certification
If you want to become a licensed Vehicle Safety Inspector in North Carolina or renew an existing license, this eight-hour course is required. Instruction focuses on NC Division of Motor Vehicle regulations, inspection procedures and proper use of diagnostic equipment. The class prepares you for the DMV certification exam administered in conjunction with the class.
A valid NC driver’s license or ID is required for DMV certification.
Auto Dealer- Virtual
The class is live via Zoom, and there is no test. Please see the requirements below. The instructor will be provided with the students’ email address and phone number. This is necessary to invite them to the Zoom sessions and email course materials prior to class.
Auto Dealer – Virtual Requirements
- Computer with a webcam and microphone (no smartphones or Chromebooks); this class will require participation in a video classroom setting. «Google Chrome Browser required«
- A quiet, uninterrupted place to actively participate in the class.
- Broadband internet with an internet speed of at least 3 Mbps. To test your internet speed, go to Fast.com.
- A printer or access to a printer for handouts prior to class and the certificate. The certificate will be emailed within 3 business days after the course is complete.
- Students must email Cabanna Pierce (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their dealership name and dealership license number before the class begins. This information is required by DMV to be on the certificate.
- Students must contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if issues regarding internet speed or equipment occur before the class begins. In accordance with North Carolina Community College System office rules, if no contact is made, a refund will not be issued for the course.
Cabanna Pierce, Administrative Assistant