Mission and Values
Mitchell Community College, a learning-centered institution, provides affordable, high-quality educational and training programs and services that lead to equitable, social, and economic mobility for students.
Mitchell Community College commits its resources to:
- Provide associate degree, diploma and certificate programs to meet the pre-service and in-service workforce development needs for industry, business, government and service occupations.
- Provide associate degree programs for the first two years of academic courses leading to baccalaureate and professional degrees.
- Provide each student the opportunity to develop the skills and values necessary to succeed in college.
- Provide student development services including admissions, financial aid, counseling, career planning, job placement, testing and student activities.
- Provide educational opportunities to meet the professional, personal, and cultural needs of the community.
- Serve the adult population with basic education and salable skills; to enhance personal development through general and continuing education.
The Faculty, Staff and administration of Mitchell Community College are committed to the philosophy of the comprehensive community college. We believe:
- Students and student success is the focal point of all efforts of the college.
- We are an open-access community college that respects and celebrates diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- We have a responsibility to enhance the social, civic, cultural, and economic development of our community and its place in a global society.
- We provide educational opportunities for those who might otherwise not have them.
- We make data driven decisions and monitor our progress toward stated goals.
- We provide our employees with a safe and supportive work environment with the opportunity to grow and learn.
- We must foster an environment of trust and teamwork as we move toward a common goal.
- We must perform each day with competence, innovation and integrity.
- We make a positive difference in the lives of our students, our employees and our community…our work matters.